My Legume Love Affair #85 - July 2015

Jagruti kindly offered to host MLLA for July. Sadly, sometimes life throws us rocks and unfortunately she is unable to complete the roundup. I am doing so on her behalf. Best wishes to her and her family.

We have six submissions this month. Thank you to everyone who contributed this time around. Without your continued support, we wouldn't be at #85 going on #86 this month. Thanks to dearest Susan for starting MLLA. Legumes are important part of my diet and especially beneficial for vegetarians and vegans. This event began in 2008 and I've been the administrator since 2013. A special thank you also to our guests hosts. Please note that I am looking for hosts for 2016. If you are interested, please email me or leave a comment.

Now onto the submissions.


chickpea chips

from Jen of Chardonnay and Samphire. These crispy delights are on my list of things to make soon. The best thing is that you can make the batter up a head of time and freeze it until it's time to fry up or bake this scrumptious snack.

bbq lentil sandwich
courtesy of Janet of The Taste Space. This is a fine way to initiate a new grill and a different take on veggie burgers. Seasoned lentils and vegetables loaded on a bun topped with coleslaw is a mighty fine summer meal indeed.

Red Lentil and Cauliflower Tomato Pulao

from Lisa's Kitchen. I cooked up this colorful and nourishing lentil and rice dish with tangy tomatoes and fresh tender cauliflower seasoned with Indian spices. One-pot meals are always a good choice when there is little time or inclination to cook and this dish certainly was satisfying and a treat for the tastebuds.

yellow lentil crêpe

courtesy of Sadhna of Herbs, Spices and Tradition. This gorgeous crêpe was featured in a magazine and a photographer even visited Sadhna's home to document the process. I'm a big fan of Indian-style crêpes and this one also happens to be loaded with plenty of vegetables and served with homemade chutney and ketchup.

berbere lentils

offered up by Shaheen of Allotment2Kitchen. Berbere is probably one of my new favorite spice blends as I have lately been exploring Ethiopian cuisine, and this dish is something I surely want to try. The lentil stew is filled out with potatoes and chickpeas and served up with rice. This balanced meal is warming and inviting.

black bean patties

from Emily of Cooking for Kishore. I adore little bites, especially when legumes are the focal point. Add some cornmeal, hot sauce and herbs and you are set. Served with Spicy Sour Cream (Spicy Crema), this is a wonderful and satisfying summer meal that I would enjoy anytime of year.

And the concludes the July 2015 roundup. Short but sweet. Shaheen is hosting the August 2015 edition of MLLA. Be sure to share a favorite legume recipe to be included in the roundup.

2 comments:

Shaheen said...

Thank you so much for doing the round up on behalf of Jagruti, yes life does throw things in our path now and again.

I love chickpea chips and its been a while since I've made some, lovely to be reminded again - on the menu soon. And I am also liking the Black Bean and Cornmeal Patties, I can almost taste that crunch. Bookmarking!

janet @ the taste space said...

Short and sweet. Thanks for hosting under hostess duress! :)